Wednesday, February 11, 2009

For all the panties in India

A few weeks back, a radical group called the Sri Ram Sena (Lord Ram’s Army), took responsibility for an assault on several young women last month in a pub in Mangalore, a college town in the southern state of Karnataka. The group (think right wing Jerry Falwell conservatives) has fought against everything from couples kissing in Bollywood films to cheerleaders at sporting matches. An article in TimesOnline details the story, and I urge you all to read and support the cause. In just over a week, the Facebook page that was started in response to the attack has over 12,000 members, and is growing rapidly. A campaign for all members to send pink panties to the leader of the group on Valentines Day is simply brilliant. I will keep this blog updated with any new news on the story, and I applaud what may be one of the more effective non-violent social statements in recent memory.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

If the group can resell the pink panties, that would make us . . . pink panty supporting extremists.
I'm not sure I like this designation.

J P Harold
mushlimbaugh.com

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices as regards the shoes are approximately 320 bucks on every page. But finally I found this area selling them for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros were around 340 pounds on every page. But completely I bring about this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hello bros. I'm really into shoes and I was looking for that exact make. The prices for the sneakers were about 240 bucks on every site. But finally I bring about this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what do you think?